- Serves 18
Give your Weet-bix a break from breakfast and turn them into a sweet Easter treat! With a white chocolate and speckled egg top, they taste as good as they look.
- 150 g unsalted butter, chopped
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- ⅓ cup golden syrup
- 300 g white cooking chocolate, chopped
- 250 g weet-bix (15 pieces)
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 125 g packet candy-coated speckled crispy chocolate mini eggs
- Lightly grease an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above pan edges.
- Place butter, sugar, syrup and 100g of the chocolate in a medium saucepan. Stir over a medium heat until melted. Remove from heat.
- Process half the Weet-Bix in a food processor until finely crushed. Transfer to a bowl. Process remaining Weet-Bix with coconut and cocoa until finely crushed. Return from bowl to processor.
- Add butter mixture to combined Weet-Bix mixture. Process until combined. Press firmly over base of prepared pan.
- Place remaining chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl sitting over a small saucepan of simmering watering. Stir until melted. Pour over slice. Smooth over top. Decorate with eggs. Refrigerate for about 4 hours, or overnight until firm.
- Lift slice from pan. Cut into pieces.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||11.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||33.4 g|
|- Sugars||23.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.9 g|