- Makes 24
Bunnies galore! Hare today, gone tomorrow – crispy treats for all to enjoy. Spiced bunny biscuits are as cute as can be! Both adults & kids will jump at these.
- 120 g (¾ cup) wholemeal plain flour
- 45 g (¼ cup) rice flour
- 2 tbsp self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 60 g (⅓ cup) pure icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 80 g light margarine
- 1 tbsp skim milk
- 60 g egg separated
- 2 tsp demerara sugar
- Combine flours, icing sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Add margarine and use fingers to rub into the flours until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Add milk and egg yolk. Mix until dough starts to come together.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and bring together to form a ball. Flatten into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
- Preheat oven to 160˚C (fan-forced). Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Cut dough in half and return one half to the fridge. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface until 3-4mm thick. Using a 10cm bunny cutter cut 12 bunnies out of the dough, re-rolling when necessary. Carefully transfer bunnies to one of the lined trays. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Whisk eggwhite in a small bowl and brush a little over the top of the biscuits. Sprinkle with demerara sugar. Bake for about 15 minutes or until lightly golden in colour. Set aside on the trays for about 10 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool.
The biscuits will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
PER BISCUIT: 243kJ, protein 1g, total fat 1.8g (sat. fat 0.5g), carbs 9g, fibre1g, sodium 23mg • Carb exchanges 2⁄3 • GI estimate medium
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||9.1 g|
|- Sugars||2.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.7 g|