- Serves 4
Get your serve of fish and veg with this fast and warming fish soup wit h chickpeas. The Moroccan seasoning gives capsicum & zucchini beautiful flavour.
- 600 g skinless firm white fish fillets, bones removed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp Moroccan spice blend
- 2 x 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup orange juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 400 g canned chickpeas, drained
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cut fish into 3cm pieces.
- Heat oil in a stockpot. Add onion and capsicum. Cook, stirring, until almost soft. Stir in ginger, then seasoning, tomatoes and juice. Season. Bring to boil. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in fish, zucchini and chickpeas. Simmer, covered, for a further 5 to 8 minutes, or until fish is cooked and flakes easily.
- Sprinkle parsley over stew.
For a spicy kick, add finely chopped, long red chilli with the seasoning. Avoid stirring stew excessively once fish is added to avoid it breaking.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||24.6 g|
|- Sugars||12.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||8.8 g|