- Serves 4
This rigatoni beef dish is given a flavour spin thanks to balsamic vinegar. With mushrooms and fresh rosemary, this fragrant dish is perfect for weeknights.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 300 g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 750 g beef mince
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 2 large ripe tomatoes (400g), chopped
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 375 g rigatoni pasta
- finely grated Parmesan cheese, to serve
- Heat oil in a stockpot over a medium to high heat. Add onion and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until browned. Add beef, garlic and tomato paste. Cook, stirring to break up mince, over a high heat for about 5 minutes, or until mince has changed in colour.
- Add tomatoes, stock, vinegar and rosemary. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Season.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a separate stockpot of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain.
- Stir pasta into meat sauce. Serve sprinkled with parmesan.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||18.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||80.5 g|
|- Sugars||12.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.6 g|