- Serves 4
With a peanut & ginger sauce, this low-fat poached chicken with fresh Asian greens, carrots & chilli is enjoyed with jasmine rice. It's a great weeknight meal.
- 1 ½ cups jasmine rice
- 3 ¼ cups chicken stock
- 600 g chicken breast fillets
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup Chinese cooking wine
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- 2 carrots, peeled into ribbons
- 400 g bunch fresh gai lan, trimmed, halved crossways
- 1 fresh long red chilli, thinly sliced, to serve (optional)
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 6 green spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- Combine rice with 2¼ cups of the stock in a medium saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Simmer, covered, for about 12 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- To make sauce, heat oil in a small saucepan over a medium heat until hot. Carefully add onions and ginger. Stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, place chicken in a large, deep frying pan with soy sauce, wine, oil and remaining stock. Add enough water to just cover chicken.
- Bring to a very gentle simmer. Gently simmer for about 5 minutes, or until just cooked. Remove chicken. Boil stock until reduced by half. Add carrots and gai lan. Simmer until just tender.
- Serve vegetables and stock over rice. Top with thickly sliced chicken, onion sauce and chilli (optional).
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||62.5 g|
|- Sugars||2.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.3 g|