- Serves 4
Now vegans can enjoy a creamy pasta bake thanks to this comforting recipe using vegan cheese, soy milk and dairy-free spread – it's a wintertime winner.
- 100 g dairy-free spread
- ¾ cup plain flour
- 1 litre plain organic soy milk
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100 g vegan cheese, grated
- 3 green spring onions, sliced
- 250 g frozen mixed vegetables or wholemeal penne, cooked and drained
- ¼ cup dried wholemeal breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven 180°C (160°C fan forced). Lightly grease a 2L baking dish.
- Place a large pan over a low heat and add the spread. When melted, whisk in the flour and cook for 1 min. Remove from the heat and gradually whisk in the soy milk, mustard and garlic.
- Bring to medium heat and whisk or stir until thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in cheese, spring/green onions and pasta. Season to taste with cracked pepper.
- Spoon into a greased dish and top with breadcrumbs and paprika. Bake for 30 min. Serve with steamed zucchini ribbons, seasoned with salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||40.3 g|
|- Sugars||7.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.3 g|