Impress guests with this sweet pastry tart. Pears take centre stage in this fruity tart with almonds and apricot flavour. It's a great afternoon tea special.
- 300 g chocolate shortcrust pastry
- 90 g butter, softened
- ⅓ cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup almond meal
- ¼ cup self-raising flour
- 2 firm pears, peeled, cored and sliced
- ¼ cup apricot jam, warmed
- ¼ cup flaked almonds
- Preheat oven to moderate 200°C (180°C fan forced). Line the base and sides of a 23cm deep loose-bottom flan tin with pastry, pressing into the flutes. Do not trim. Freeze for 15 min.
- Line with baking paper and fill with baking beans or rice. Bake for 15 min. Remove paper and beans. Neaten pastry edges with a knife while still warm. Reduce oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced).
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add the vanilla, eggs, almond meal and flour. Spread over tart base. Arrange pears over top and brush with most of the jam. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake for 25-30 min or until firm. Brush with remaining jam. Serve with crème fraîche.
Ready rolled chocolate pastry is richly flavoured and can be purchased from delicatessens and good food stores.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||7.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||27.4 g|
|- Sugars||14.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.2 g|