- Serves 4
Using chicken mince, this chow mein recipe comes with crunch thanks to crispy fried noodles. It only takes 20 minutes to make, and is a great weeknight dinner.
- 500 g chicken mince
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 5 cups Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 4 green spring onions, cut into 3cm lengths, plus extra to garnish
- 100 g packet fried noodles
- 3 tsp cornflour
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp kecap manis
- To make sauce, blend cornflour with stock in a jug. Stir in sauces.
- Heat an oiled, large wok over a high heat. Add chicken and garlic. Stir-fry for about 5 minutes, breaking up mince, until browned. Add curry powder. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and carrot. Stir-fry for a further 2 minutes. Add sauce mixture. Stir-fry until boiling. Stir in cabbage and onions. Remove from heat. Stir through noodles.
- Serve garnished with extra onions.
Try replacing chicken mince with beef mince, for a change.
You will need about 1/2 medium cabbage (600g) for this recipe.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||29.3 g|
|- Sugars||8.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.5 g|