- Serves 4
Try a pulled chicken rice bowl for dinner tonight! With roasted sweet potato & avocado, they make a delicious dinner idea, only taking 30 minutes to make.
- 600 g sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1 ½ cm pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 600 g chicken thigh fillets
- 40 g sachet Mexican seasoning
- ½ cup orange juice
- 450 g packet microwave long-grain rice
- 80 g baby rocket leaves
- 4 Roma tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- lime wedges, to serve
- Combine potato with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Spread over an oven tray.
- Cook in a very hot oven (220C) for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, toss chicken with seasoning.
- Heat an oiled, deep frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add chicken. Cook for about 1 minute on each side until browned. Add any remaining seasoning with juice and 1 cup water. Simmer, covered, for about 10 minutes, or until chicken is tender. Remove. Shred with two forks.
- Heat rice according to packet directions. Divide among serving bowls. Top with sweet potato, chicken, rocket, tomatoes, cucumber and avocado.
- Serve with lime and sour cream.
Transfer cooked chicken to a clean board to shred to avoid scratching the pan. Use your favourite Mexican seasoning.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||63.4 g|
|- Sugars||13.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||10.1 g|