If you love your spice, you'll love this spicy pork recipe. With capsicum, carrots and egg noodles, pork is tossed through sweet chilli & soy sauce marinade.
- 600 g pork stir-fry strips
- ¼ cup cornflour
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 green spring onions, thinly sliced, white bases and green tops separated
- 1 carrot, peeled, shredded
- 1 red capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 400 g snow peas, trimmed
- ⅓ cup sweet chilli sauce
- ¼ cup light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 200 g dried egg noodles
- Toss pork with cornflour.
- Heat half the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat until very hot. Add pork in three batches. Cook for 1 minute, without stirring. Stir-fry for a further 1 to 2 minutes, or until browned and almost cooked. Remove.
- Heat remaining oil in same frying pan over a high heat. Add white onion bases with carrot and capsicum. Stir for 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender.
- Return pork to pan with any cooking juices, snow peas and combined sauces and vinegar. Stir until boiling and slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to packet directions. Drain.
- Serve noodles topped with pork mixture. Sprinkle with green onion tops.
For extra heat, replace half the sweet chilli sauce with your favourite hot chilli sauce.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||64.2 g|
|- Sugars||18.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.6 g|