Up your weekly intake of fish with this easy salmon recipe. Given a sweet edge, salmon is drizzled with a maple syrup, dijon mustard and walnut dressing.
- 4 x 150 g fresh skinless salmon fillets, bones removed
- ⅓ cup walnuts
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- steamed carrots, to serve
- steamed broccolini, to serve
- 800 g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 25 g butter, chopped
- 4 green spring onions, thinly sliced
- Cook potatoes in a stockpot of boiling water until tender. Drain.
- Melt butter in same stockpot over a high heat. Return potatoes to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add onions. Cook, stirring, for a further minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add salmon. Cook for 2 minutes, then turn over. Sprinkle nuts around salmon. Cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes, or until salmon is cooked to your liking. Remove from pan. Cover to keep warm.
- Add syrup, mustard and sauce to pan. Bring to boil, stirring. Gently boil for a further minute, or until slightly thickened and glossy. Remove from heat.
- Serve salmon with sauce, potatoes and steamed vegetables.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||8.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||53.2 g|
|- Sugars||30.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.7 g|