These energy balls are packed with the goodness of carrots, walnuts, dried dates and coconut. Mixed with granita biscuits and spice, they're a great snack idea.
- 2 cups dried pitted dates
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp finely grated orange rind
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup walnuts
- 100 g granita biscuits, broken
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- Place dates, carrot and rind in a food processor. Process until finely chopped.
- Add ¼ cup of the coconut, walnuts, biscuits and mixed spice. Pulse until mixture starts to come together. Transfer to a bowl.
- Using clean hands, roll tablespoons of mixture into balls. Toss in remaining coconut. Place on a tray lined with baking paper. Refrigerate, covered, for about 2 hours, or until firm.
Try replacing walnuts with pecans.
Bites can be made up to five days ahead. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||13.7 g|
|- Sugars||11.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.8 g|