- Makes 12
Bananas and chocolate make an awesome pairing, and they taste delicious in these sweet muffins. Muffins can be stored in the freezer and defrosted when needed!
- 1 ⅓ cups plain flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¾ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ cup milk chocolate melts
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup milk
- Line a 12-hole muffin pan (1/3-cup capacity) with muffin wraps.
- Sift flour, cocoa and soda into a large bowl. Stir in sugar and choc melts.
- Combine banana, eggs, oil and milk in a large jug. Mix well. Add to flour mixture. Stir until combined. Divide evenly among muffin wraps.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 18 minutes, or until cooked when tested. Stand muffins in pan for 5 minutes.
- Transfer muffins to a wire rack to cool. Serve.
You will need 2 medium bananas (400g) for this recipe. Muffins can be made up to two days ahead. Store in an airtight container, or freeze individually wrapped muffins for up to two months.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||31.3 g|
|- Sugars||19.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.5 g|