- Serves 4
Pan-fried veal is cooked with sundried tomato pesto, prosciutto and mozzarella cheese in this delicious weeknight dinner. Served with creamy potatoes & greens.
- ¼ cup sundried tomato pesto
- 4 x 150 g uncrumbed veal schnitzels
- 4 slices prosciutto, folded in half, crossways
- 8 thin slices mozzarella
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- steamed snow peas, to serve
- steamed green beans, to serve
- 1 kg Sebago potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 50 g butter, chopped
- ¼ cup milk
- Salt and pepper, to serve
- To make mash, cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water for about 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Return to pan. Mash until smooth. Add butter and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until combined. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, spread about 3 tsp pesto evenly over each steak. Top half of each steak with prosciutto and two cheese slices. Fold over veal to enclose.
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add veal. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and cheese is melted.
- Serve veal with mash, garnished with pepper and steamed vegetables.
Replace Sebago potatoes with sweet potato, if you prefer. Uncrumbed chicken schnitzel can be used instead of veal.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||15.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||28.6 g|
|- Sugars||4.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.2 g|