With anchovy fillets, spinach, baby capers and sundried tomato pesto, this one-pot meal is an easy dinner to whip up in a rush and is full of flavour.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 short-cut bacon rashers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 anchovy fillets, drained, finely chopped
- 2 ½ cups chicken stock
- 400 g canned crushed tomatoes
- 375 g penne rigate
- 2 tbsp sundried tomato pesto
- 1 tbsp drained baby capers
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 60 g fresh baby spinach leaves
- finely grated Parmesan, to serve
- Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add bacon, onion and anchovies. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 6 minutes, or until bacon is lightly browned.
- Add stock, tomatoes, pasta, pesto and capers. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and cover pan. Gently boil, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes, or until pasta is tender and most of the liquid is evaporated. Stir in spinach.
- Serve with parmesan.
This dish is best served as soon as it’s cooked. Penne rigate is tube-shaped pasta with ridges to hold the sauce.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||77.6 g|
|- Sugars||11.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.2 g|