Recipe by: Alex Lewicki
- Serves 8
This 5-ingredient beer bread is super easy to make and will go on the side of just about any dinner, or taste great alone. It's a fabulously fast bread recipe.
- 3 cups self-raising flour, sifted twice
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 375 ml bottle beer, at room temperature
- 60 g butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Grease a 22cm x 11cm medium loaf pan with cooking spray. Combine the flour, sugar, cheese and beer in a bowl with a pinch of salt and mix together well.
- Spoon into prepared pan and level the surface with the back of a spoon. Pour melted butter over the top.
- Bake for 55-60 min or until golden brown and cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in pan for 15 min before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve warm or cool with spread of choice.
This recipe makes a crunchy crust. For a softer crust, mix the butter into the batter instead of pouring it over the top.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||7.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||40.8 g|
|- Sugars||4.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.3 g|