It’s moist. It melts in the mouth. It’s a slice of chocolate heaven! With chewy apricots on top, it's great with a cup of tea, one bite will hit the spot!
- cooking spray
- 160 g (1 cup) wholemeal self-raising flour
- 50 g (⅓ cup) plain flour
- 30 g (¼ cup) cocoa powder, sifted
- 80 g (½ cup) brown sugar
- 130 g (½ cup) low-fat Greek yoghurt
- 60 g egg, lightly whisked
- 50 g light margarine, melted
- 125 ml (½ cup) low-fat milk
- 125 g Pantalica smooth light ricotta cheese
- 1 ½ tbsp icing sugar, sifted
- 50 g dried apricots, sliced
- Preheat oven to 160˚C (fan-forced). Spray a 16 x 26cm (base measurement) lamington pan with cooking spray. Line with baking paper, allowing the paper to overhang the sides.
- Combine flours, cocoa powder and brown sugar in a large bowl. Whisk yoghurt, egg, margarine and milk in a small bowl. Add to flour mixture and stir until just combined. Spoon mixture into slice pan and smooth the surface.
- Whisk ricotta and icing sugar in a small bowl. Alternately spoon dollops of ricotta mixture and pieces of apricot over the top of the batter. Bake in preheated oven for 16-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Set slice aside in the pan for 10 minutes to cool slightly. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before cutting into 18 pieces.
You can keep the slice in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Alternatively, wrap pieces in plastic wrap and place in a resealable freezer bag. Expel any air. Label, date and freeze for up to 4 months.
432kJ, protein 3g, total fat 2.6g (sat. fat 0.8g), carbs 16g, fibre 2g, sodium 97mg • Carb exchanges 1 • GI estimate medium
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||16.6 g|
|- Sugars||7.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.1 g|