A great idea for a weekend lunch, these bacon and cheese pasta pots only take 20 minutes, and taste incredible! Perfect comfort bowl in the chillier months.
- 1 ⅓ cups macaroni
- 150 g diced bacon
- 420 g can baked beans in tomato sauce and cheese
- ¾ cup pure cream
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 ⅔ cups grated tasty cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh parsley leaves, to garnish
- Cook macaroni in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain. Return to pan.
- Meanwhile, heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes, or until browned. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Add bacon to macaroni with baked beans, cream, parsley and 1 cup of the cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Divide mixture among four ovenproof dishes (2-cup capacity). Place on an oven tray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cook in a very hot oven (220C) for about 10 minutes, or until golden.
- Serve garnished with parsley.
For a spicy kick, replace bacon with diced chorizo or spicy salami.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||37.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||35.8 g|
|- Sugars||6.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.8 g|