Ready in 30 minutes, this weeknight dinner is a winner – Moroccan seasoned steaks are grilled with capsicum and zucchini, then served with a mint garlic sauce.
- 800 g lamb leg steak, cut into 3cm cubes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp Moroccan spice blend
- 12 bamboo skewers
- 2 small zucchini
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 ½ cups couscous
- ⅓ cup sliced natural almonds
Mint garlic sauce
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Toss lamb with 1 tbsp of the oil and half the seasoning. Thread evenly onto skewers.
- To make sauce, blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Cut zucchini in half crossways then lengthways into 1cm slices. Cut capsicum lengthways into eight wedges. Discard seeds. Toss vegetables with 1 tbsp of the oil.
- Bring 2¼ cups water to boil in a large pan with remaining seasoning and oil. Stir in couscous. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Stir in almonds.
- Heat a lightly oiled grill plate over a medium to high heat. Add skewers. Cook, turning regularly, for about 5 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Cover to keep warm.
- Cook vegetables separately on same grill plate for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Serve skewers with couscous, vegetables and sauce.
You can also use toasted flaked or slivered almonds in the couscous.
Soak bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes before using.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||17.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||75.0 g|
|- Sugars||5.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.3 g|