- Serves 4
A simple, yet hearty pasta with slices of chopped leg ham, mushrooms, pea and parmesan cheese. With a light cream, the bowl becomes a warming winter meal.
- 375 g fusilli pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 375 g punnet sliced mushrooms
- 200 g sliced leg ham, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 250 ml tub light cooking cream
- ½ cup grated Parmesan, plus extra to serve
- Cook pasta in a large stockpot of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Heat oil in same stockpot over a high heat. Add mushrooms and ham. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender.
- Add peas, cream and reserved cooking liquid. Stir to combine. Return pasta to pot with parmesan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes, or until peas are tender and sauce is hot and slightly thickened.
- Serve pasta with extra grated parmesan.
Any variety of short pasta can be used in this recipe. Instead of ham, try chopped bacon and add baby spinach leaves for a change of flavour.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||10.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||76.9 g|
|- Sugars||6.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.1 g|