- Serves 4
Using coconut milk, this penang vegetable curry is great for those with a dairy intolerance. It can be made in large portions, frozen and defrosted when needed.
- 1 ½ cups jasmine rice
- 400 ml can coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup Penang curry paste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 eggplant (400g), cut into 3cm pieces
- 200 g fresh green beans, trimmed, halved
- 1 large carrot, halved lengthways, diagonally sliced
- 410 g can baby cornichons, drained
- lime wedges, to serve
- Cook rice in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender. Drain.
- Heat a large, deep, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add milk, water, paste and sauce. Stir to combine. Bring to boil.
- Add eggplant, beans, carrot and corn. Reduce heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes, or until eggplant and carrot are tender.
- Serve curry with rice and lime wedges.
You can use any Thai curry paste in this recipe. Check pastes for heat rating. Try adding firm tofu to curry for added flavour.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||19.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||76.8 g|
|- Sugars||13.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.9 g|