- Serves 4
Do as the Italians do with this beautiful bread salad. With balsamic vinegar, cherry tomatoes and red onion, this salad is beefed up with delicious chicken.
- 1 kg chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
- ½ cup basil pesto
- 200 g sourdough bread, torn into 3cm pieces
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup mixed olives (220 g), drained
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, halved, sliced
- 60 g bag rocket leaves
- Toss chicken with pesto in a large bowl. Arrange in a single layer in a roasting pan lined with baking paper.
- Cook in a very hot oven (220C) for about 25 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make olive panzanella. Arrange bread in a single layer on an oven tray.
- Cook in same very hot oven (220C) for about 5 minutes, or until crisp.
- Whisk vinegar and oil in a large bowl. Add crisp bread, olives, tomatoes, onion and rocket. Toss well.
- Serve chicken with olive panzanella.
For a change, replace chicken thighs with breast fillets. Cooking time will vary.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||7.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||35.0 g|
|- Sugars||6.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.6 g|