Ready in less than 20 minutes, this beef stir-fry is a fabulous weeknight meal the whole family will enjoy. With crisp greens and a miso soy sauce, it's delish!
- 2 x 95 g bundles dried soba noodles
- 500 g beef stir-fry strips
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 2 bunches baby bok choy, trimmed, halved lengthways
- 1 ½ cups shredded carrot
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 3 tsp cornflour
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet white miso paste
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- Cook noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water for about 2 minutes, or until just tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, make sauce. Blend cornflour with water in a jug. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Toss beef with oil and ginger in a bowl.
- Heat a large wok over a high heat. Add beef in two batches. Stir-fry for about 3 minutes, or until browned. Remove.
- Add bok choy to wok. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Rinse noodles under cold water. Drain well. Return beef to wok with noodles, sauce mixture, carrot and sesame seeds. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes, or until hot. Serve.
Replace soba noodles with hokkien, if you prefer.
To toast seeds, place in a small frying pan over a medium heat. Cook, shaking pan, until golden. Remove.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||47.1 g|
|- Sugars||5.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.7 g|