- Serves 4
Using a microwavable rice & quinoa mix and pre-cooked shredded roast chicken, this salad takes only minutes to put together. It's fantastic at BBQs and buffets.
- 250 g packet brown rice and quinoa blend
- 2 cups shredded roasted chicken breast (260g)
- 1 large Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, thinly sliced diagonally
- 200 g punnet grape tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander leaves and stems
- 180 g packet mixed leaf salad
- ½ cup dry roasted unsalted peanuts
- ½ cup bottle salad dressing
- 2 tbsp Thai chilli jam paste
- Heat rice and quinoa blend according to packet directions. Transfer to a large bowl. Cool.
- Add chicken, cucumber, tomatoes, coriander, salad leaves and peanuts to bowl.
- Place dressing and chilli jam in a jug. Whisk well.
- Just before serving, add dressing to salad. Toss to combine.
Try replacing chicken with drained, canned tuna.
This salad makes great leftovers to serve for a weekday lunch.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||50.2 g|
|- Sugars||3.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.7 g|