These low-fat, gluten free cauliflower pots are perfect for dinner parties. Serve them as a side or alongside other dishes. They're loaded with bacon & cheese.
- ⅓ cup diced bacon
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 tbsp skim milk or buttermilk
- ⅓ cup extra-light spreadable cream cheese
- ¼ cup grated reduced-fat mozzarella
- 2 tbsp snipped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Grease 4 x 1-cup capacity ovenproof dishes with cooking spray. Sprinkle half the bacon evenly between the dishes.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the cauliflower florets and garlic, and boil for 15 min or until tender. Drain and return to the pan. Cover and stand for 5 min.
- Transfer cauliflower and garlic to a food processor and add the milk and cream cheese. Season with pepper and process until it reaches the consistency of mashed potatoes. Divide between dishes. Sprinkle tops with remaining bacon and mozzarella. Bake for 10 min or until cheese has melted. Garnish with chives and cracked black pepper. Serve as a side dish, or as a meal with a side salad.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||7.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||4.4 g|
|- Sugars||3.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.7 g|