Try a lighter take on cheesy fries with these sweet potato recipe. Using reduced-fat bacon rashers, the recipe is full of flavour thanks to garlic and cumin.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chilli powder (optional)
- ⅓ cup grated vintage cheddar cheese
- 4 rashers 98% fat-free bacon, diced and cooked
- 1 green spring onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Line a large tray with baking paper. Slice potato into 1cm strips or wedges and place into a bowl. Add olive oil and all the spices. Season with pepper and toss to coat.
- Arrange sweet potato in a single layer on the prepared tray, leaving a little space between each fry. Bake for 40-45 min, or until tender and lightly golden, turning halfway through cooking time. Transfer fries to a lined ovenproof serving plate or dish.
- Sprinkle fries with cheese and bacon. Return to the oven for 4-5 min or until cheese has melted. Sprinkle with spring/green onions and serve. Garnish with sliced jalapeños and coriander sprigs, if desired.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||13.6 g|
|- Sugars||3.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.9 g|