- Serves 6
Eating gluten-free shouldn't mean missing out on delicious Italian favourites like lasagne! Try this cheesy, gluten-free lasagne with beef & zucchini…
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 onions, finely diced
- 500 g extra lean beef mince
- 2 carrots, coarsely grated
- 500 g jar tomato and red wine sauce
- 2 cups salt-reduced beef stock
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced lengthways, blanched and blotted dry with paper towel
- White sauce, for layers (see below)
- 3 ripe firm tomatoes, sliced
- ¼ cup grated light tasty cheese
- 2 tbsp Parmesan
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 ⅓ cups skim milk
- ¼ cup grated reduced-fat grated tasty cheese
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan
- ground nutmeg, to season
- pepper, to season
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add onion and garlic and cook for 3 min. Add mince and cook, breaking up lumps with a spoon, for 5 min or until browned. Add carrots and cook 3 min. Pour in pasta sauce and stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 20-25 min, or until thickened. Season well with pepper.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Grease a 20cm x 30cm ovenproof baking dish with cooking spray. Spoon half of the mince into the prepared tray. Top with an even layer of zucchini. Repeat layer once more using remaining mince and zucchini.
- Pour the white sauce (below) over the lasagne and arrange tomatoes evenly over the top. Combine cheeses and sprinkle over the tomatoes. Bake in the oven for 25-30 min or until golden brown and bubbling. Let cool for 10 min. Garnish with basil leaves and serve with a mixed green salad.
- In a bowl, combine cornflour and water and stir until smooth. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring skim milk gently to the boil. Gradually stir in the cornflour water until mixture boils and thickens. Add light tasty cheese and parmesan, stirring until smooth. Season with nutmeg and pepper.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||19.7 g|
|- Sugars||14.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.2 g|