- Serves 2
Enjoy a lunch that's a little more exciting than just your usual peanut butter sandwich! With roasted jap pumpkin, feta and sunflower seeds, it'll be a fave!
- 300 g jap pumpkin, peeled and deseeded, cut into wedges
- olive oil cooking spray
- pepper, to season
- 4 slices wholemeal bread or gluten-free bread
- 150 g low-fat fresh ricotta
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 25 g (1 cup) fresh baby spinach leaves
- 8 Sandhurst 'Lite' semi-dried tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 200˚C (fan-forced). Line an oven tray with baking paper. Arrange pumpkin in a single layer on prepared tray and spray with cooking spray. Season with pepper. Roast for 20-30 minutes or until pumpkin is very soft.
- Spread 2 pieces of the bread with ricotta. Press sunflower seeds into ricotta. Top with spinach. Add the pumpkin, pressing down slightly onto spinach to spread out. Top with tomatoes and then top with remaining bread slices. Serve.
PER SERVE 1538kJ, protein 20g, total fat 11g (sat. fat 3.8g), carbs 42g, fibre 10g, sodium 479mg • Carb exchanges 2¾ • GI estimate low • Gluten-free option
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||37.8 g|
|- Sugars||10.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.8 g|