- Serves 4
Full of protein, this egg, potato and chicken salad is filling and fuelling! With a lemon, caper and parsley dressing, it's packed with loads of flavour.
- 450 g Carisma potatoes, unpeeled
- 4 x 50 g eggs, at room temperature
- 400 g skinless chicken breast fillets, cut through centre into 2 pieces
- olive oil cooking spray
- fresh pepper, to season
- 1 red capsicum, cut into short thin strips
- 12 small cos lettuce leaves, torn
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, diagonally sliced
- 3 tbsp 97% fat-free mayonnaise or gluten-free mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tbsp freshly squeezed fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ tbsp boiling water
- 3 tsp drained capers, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- black pepper, to season
- Put potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook, partially covered, for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are just tender. Add eggs for the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, preheat a chargrill pan on medium-high. Spray chicken with cooking spray. Season with pepper. Add to chargrill and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- To make dressing, whisk mayonnaise, lemon juice, water and capers in a small bowl. Stir in parsley and season with pepper.
- Toss capsicum, lettuce and cucumber in a medium bowl. Divide between serving plates. Slice potatoes and arrange on salad. Peel and quarter eggs and arrange on salad. Top with chicken, drizzle over dressing and serve.
PER SERVE 1124kJ, protein 31g, total fat 6.4g (sat. fat 1.8g), carbs 19g, fibre 3g, sodium 361mg • Carb exchanges 11⁄3 • GI estimate low • Gluten-free option
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||16.1 g|
|- Sugars||2.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.0 g|