Recipe by: Fast Ed
- Serves 4
Fire up the barbie, you’ll want to make a big batch of these! Serve them alongside a crunchy salad with basil, coriander and kewpie mayonnaise for a light bite.
- 32 medium green prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp gochujang
- 1 tbsp raw caster sugar
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup wombok, shredded
- 2 green shallots, finely sliced
- 1 cup snow peas, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, cut into fine batons
- ½ bunch Thai basil, leaves picked
- ¼ cup fresh coriander leaves
- ¼ cup kewpie Japanese mayonnaise (see tips, below)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ cup fried noodles
- Thread 4 prawns onto a skewer. Repeat with remaining prawns to make 8 skewers in total. Mix gochujang, sugar, juice and vinegar in a medium bowl. Rub onto prawns.
- Heat oil on a barbecue flat plate over a high heat. Cook skewers, turning, for 4 minutes or until cooked through.
- Toss veg and herbs in a large bowl. Whisk mayo and sesame oil then toss through slaw. Top with noodles and serve with skewers.
Buy gochujang, Korean chilli paste, at Asian grocers and large supermarkets. Substitute with sambal. Find Kewpie mayo at the supermarket
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||29.7 g|
|- Sugars||9.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.6 g|