Recipe by: Fast Ed
- Serves 4
With a base made from polenta, this is an appetising gluten-free take on the fresh food you love. Char-grill vegies on the BBQ for a special smoky flavour.
- 500 ml chicken stock
- ½ cup fine polenta
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 100 g soft goat's cheese, crumbled
- ½ bunch thyme, leaves picked
- 1 pinch chilli powder
- Salt and pepper, to season
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to grease
- 400 g canned butter beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- juice of 2 small lemons
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 cups mixed tomatoes (heirloom and cherry)
- 12 small zucchini, halved lengthways, flowers reserved, stamen removed
- ½ bunch basil, leaves picked
- Bring stock to a simmer in a saucepan over a medium heat. Sprinkle in polenta. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly, until thickened.Mix in butter, cheese, thyme and chilli. Season. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool. Grease a 24cm-dia. pie dish with oil. Spread polenta mixture over base and up sides. Set aside until firm.
- Combine beans with 2 tbsp of the oil, garlic, juice and tahini in a bowl. Crush beans with a large spoon. Season with salt.
- Toss tomatoes and zucchini in remaining oil. On barbecue, put an old metal cake rack over flame on high. Grill veg on rack over flames until skins split. Set aside.
- Spread bean mixture over polenta. To serve, top with veg, reserved flowers and basil.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||35.7 g|
|- Sugars||13.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||10.4 g|