Recipe by: Fast Ed
Cooking nutritious meals comes down to the right ingredients, methods and combinations. This is all about the light and healthy technique of steaming.
- 4 skinless chicken thigh fillets
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp Brazil nuts, toasted
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch fresh basil, leaves chopped, plus extra leaves, to garnish
- 2 lemons, segmented, chopped
- ½ fresh long red chilli, deseeded, finely diced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 carrot, cut into batons
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 cup green beans, sliced lengthways
- 1 turnip, cut into batons
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 lime, halved, to serve
- Put chicken in a bowl with fish sauce and set aside for 10 minutes to marinate. Put in a steamer basket set over a saucepan of simmering water. Cook gently for 15 minutes or until just firm to touch.
- Meanwhile, use a mortar and pestle to pound nuts and garlic to form a paste. Add ½ of the basil and ½ of the lemon. Pound. Mix in remaining basil and lemon, and chilli. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add chopped veg. Cook for 5 minutes or until just softened. Season. Transfer to plates. Top with chicken. Spoon over a little nut mixture. Serve with remaining nut mixture and lime on the side.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||9.8 g|
|- Sugars||5.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.9 g|