Recipe by: Fast Ed
A premium cut of Aussie lamb is a dinner-party must. Give it a simple zingy coating of coriander, lemon and garlic, and serve with a delicate warm salad.
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 12 frenched lamb cutlets
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp preserved lemon, rind only
- ¼ bunch fresh mint, leaves picked
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- 1 cup small mixed tomatoes
- 2 bunches English spinach
- ½ cup light Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 tbsp black olive tapenade
- micro herbs, to garnish
- Season cutlets then rub with 2 tsp of the oil. Put 2 Tbsp of remaining oil, preserved lemon, mint and cumin in a large bowl then puree with a stick blender.
- Preheat chargrill or barbecue grill plate over a high heat. Cook cutlets, turning and basting with lemon mixture, until cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large frying pan. Add onion, garlic and fennel seeds. Cook until just softened. Add tomatoes, spinach and cook until leaves wilt. Transfer mixture to a colander briefly to drain excess liquid.
- Combine yoghurt and tapenade then spread on serving plates. Top with onion mixture and cutlets. To serve, garnish with micro herbs.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||7.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||7.0 g|
|- Sugars||4.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.0 g|