- Serves 6
If you love chocolate ripple biscuits, why not make them into a delicious dessert? Using a packet mousse mix, prep this easy dessert a night before, and voila!
- 1 tbsp instant coffee granules
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- 200 g packet chocolate flavoured mousse mix
- 1 ⅓ cups milk
- 300 ml tub thickened cream, whipped
- 250 g chocolate ripple biscuits
- extra whipped cream
- sliced fresh strawberries, to serve
- Dissolve coffee in water in a heatproof jug. Cool slightly.
- Set aside chocolate flakes from mousse packet for decoration.
- Place both sachets of mousse into a large bowl of an electric mixer. Add milk. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds until combined. Increase speed to high. Beat for a further 3 to
4 minutes or until thickened. Fold in whipped cream.
- Arrange nine biscuits in a single layer over base of a square dish (10-cup capacity). Brush with some of the coffee liquid. Spoon over one-third of the mousse mixture (about 1½ cups). Repeat layering with remaining biscuits, coffee liquid and mousse mixture. Cover. Refrigerate for 6 hours, or overnight until set.
- Serve mousse topped with extra whipped cream and strawberries. Sprinkle over chocolate flakes.
Try replacing Choc Ripple Biscuits with Butternut Snap Cookie. For a kid-friendly version, replace coffee granules with chocolate topping.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||19.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||38.9 g|
|- Sugars||21.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.9 g|