- Serves 4
Enjoy a chicken dinner with a touch of sweet! Honey & miso give chicken amazing flavour, while roast pumpkin and brown rice & quinoa make excellent sides.
- 1 cup brown rice and quinoa blend
- 750 g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 x 250 g chicken breast fillets
- 50 g fresh baby spinach leaves
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 tbsp red miso paste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- Cook rice and quinoa blend according to packet directions. Drain. Cover to keep warm.
- To make miso glaze, whisk all ingredients in a jug until combined.
- Combine pumpkin, onion and oil in a large roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Toss gently.
- Meanwhile, heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add chicken. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Remove roasting pan from oven. Arrange chicken over vegetables. Spoon over glaze.
- Return pan to hot oven. Cook for a further 15 minutes, or until pumpkin is tender and chicken cooked through.
- Combine rice and quinoa blend with spinach. Serve with chicken. Spoon over roasted pumpkin and pan juices.
Miso is a Japanese fermented soybean paste, which is available in red or white. Either can be used in this recipe. Get it from major supermarkets.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||66.9 g|
|- Sugars||31.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.4 g|