- Serves 6
A perfect roast side, these honey-roasted carrots are seasoned to perfection then served with a nutty gremolata – so delicious they might outshine the main!
- 3 bunches Dutch carrots
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- lemon wedges, to serve
- ¼ cup whole hazelnuts
- ⅓ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- To make gremolata, place hazelnuts on an oven tray.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 5 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Remove. Cool slightly. Gently rub hazelnuts to remove skins. Discard. Coarsely chop nuts. Combine with remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Trim tops from carrots. Peel. If carrots are large, cut in half lengthways. Place in an oiled, large roasting pan.
- Combine oil, honey, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over carrots. Toss well to coat.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until tender. Transfer to a serving plate.
- Sprinkle gremolata over carrots. Serve with lemon wedges.
Replace hazelnuts with pine nuts, almonds or walnuts. Serve leftover gremolata over roast potatoes, grilled steak or chicken.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||9.2 g|
|- Sugars||7.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.6 g|