- Serves 4
This quick & easy side dish tastes delicious! With a Japanese-style ginger & sesame seed dressing, broccoli tastes so good, you'll be happy to eat your greens!
- 350 g broccoli, trimmed
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- thinly sliced fresh red chilli, to garnish
Ginger & sesame dressing
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing rice wine
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- ½ tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- To make dressing, combine all ingredients in a small jug. Whisk well.
- Cut broccoli into medium florets. Place in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 30 seconds. Drain well.
- Heat oil in a large wok over a medium to high heat. Add broccoli. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add dressing. Stir-fry for a further 2 minutes, or until broccoli is tender. Stir in sesame seeds.
- Serve broccoli garnished with chilli.
Broccoli can be microwaved or steamed, if you prefer. To toast seeds, place in a small frying pan over a medium to high heat. Cook, stirring, until lightly browned.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||5.2 g|
|- Sugars||3.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.8 g|