- Serves 4
This impressive dish can be made in under 20 minutes. Lamb cutlets are served with a chorizo, brown lentil and capsicum medley with a dollop of yoghurt on top.
- 8 lamb cutlets, fat removed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 chorizo (130g), halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 2 x 400 g canned brown lentils, drained and rinsed
- 310 g jar canned fire-roasted capsicum strips, drained
- 120 g fresh baby spinach leaves
- natural yoghurt, to serve
- Season lamb with salt and pepper.
- Heat an oiled, large, deep, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add lamb. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil.
- Add chorizo to same pan over a medium to high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes, or until lightly browned and crisp. Stir in lentils and peppers. Cook for a further 1 minute, or until hot. Add spinach. Stir until wilted.
- Serve lamb with lentil mixture and yoghurt. Garnish with pepper.
For a change, replace lamb with four chicken breast fillets. Cooking time will vary.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||7.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||18.9 g|
|- Sugars||5.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||11.2 g|