- Serves 4
Served on Turkish bread, lemony yoghurt chicken tastes amazing alongside a crisp salad with dressing. It's a great recipe for a weekend lunch at home.
- 2 lemons
- ¾ cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 600 g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed of excess fat
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1 iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 loaf Turkish bread, split and toasted
- Using one lemon, finely grate 1 tbsp of rind and squeeze 2 tbsp juice. Reserve 1 tbsp for dressing.
- Combine rind, remaining juice, yoghurt and garlic in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add chicken. Toss to coat. Stand for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Heat an oiled ovenproof frying pan over a high heat. Add chicken to pan. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until browned. Turn over chicken.
- Transfer to a hot oven (200C) for about 5 to 8 minutes, or until cooked.
- Whisk reserved juice, oil and sumac in a jug until combined. Season.
- Combine lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes and onion in a bowl. Toss well.
- Thickly slice chicken. Serve over toasted bread with salad and remaining lemon, cut into wedges. Drizzle over dressing.
Try toasting bread on a heated, oiled grill plate. If you prefer, rinse sliced onion under cold water to remove some of the raw heat taste.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||64.9 g|
|- Sugars||11.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.7 g|