- Serves 4
Enjoy a Sunday-style roast on a weekday thanks to this easy and fast roast lamb recipe. With apple cider mint sauce and herby potatoes, it's a delicious main.
- 1 kg washed potatoes, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 ½ tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1.1 kg butterflied leg of lamb roast with garlic and herbs
- cooked frozen peas, to serve
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- ¾ cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- Toss potatoes with 2 tbsp of the oil in a non-stick roasting pan. Season.
- Place lamb in a separate, oiled, non-stick roasting pan. Drizzle over remaining oil.
- Cook potatoes on middle shelf and lamb on lower shelf in a hot oven (200C) for 30 minutes. Lamb will be cooked to medium. Remove lamb only. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 10 minutes.
- Turn over potatoes in pan. Cook for a further 10 minutes, or until golden.
- Meanwhile, make mint sauce. Stir vinegar, water and sugar in a small saucepan over heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil. Boil for 5 minutes. Remove. Cool for 20 minutes. Stir in mint.
- Serve sliced lamb and potatoes with peas and mint sauce.
Mint sauce can be made up to two days ahead. Keep, covered, in the fridge.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||8.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||37.5 g|
|- Sugars||10.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.4 g|