Enjoy a sweet treat with the unique combination of pineapple and caramel flavours. Your guests will be begging for the recipe!
- melted butter for greasing
- 125 g unsalted butter, chopped, at room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- ¾ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- ½ cup milk
- 440 g canned pineapple chunks in juice
- double cream, to serve
- 300 ml tub thickened cream
- ½ cup brown sugar firmly packed
- Grease four ovenproof dishes (1¼-cup capacity) with melted butter. Line bases with baking paper. Place on an oven tray.
- Beat chopped butter and sugar in a small bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs until just combined. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in flour, breadcrumbs, milk and pineapple. Divide among dishes.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for 30 minutes, or until cooked when tested. Remove. Stand cakes for 20 minutes. Run a knife around the inside of each dish to loosen cakes.
- Meanwhile, make sauce. Stir cream and sugar in a saucepan over a medium heat until sugar dissolves. Gently boil, stirring, for about 8 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Turn out cakes. Serve with warm sauce and cream.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||40.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||108.9 g|
|- Sugars||76.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.2 g|