- Serves 4
For an easy weeknight dinner, try these white fish fillet cakes. Crisp and golden to perfection, they are incredible when served with sweet lime & chilli salsa.
- 4 x 150 g skinless white fish fillets, bones removed, chopped
- 1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ cups panko breadcrumbs (105g)
- 250 g dried vermicelli noodles
- 400 g green beans, trimmed
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, halved, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- ¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp water
- Process fish, paste and eggs until smooth. Add breadcrumbs. Pulse until combined. Shape into 16 fish cakes, about ¼ cup each.
- To make salsa, combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Cook noodles according to packet directions. Boil or microwave beans until tender.
- Heat enough oil to cover the base of a large frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add fish cakes in two batches. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Serve fish cakes over noodles with beans and salsa.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||98.5 g|
|- Sugars||15.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.6 g|