Date night has never looked this 5-star! Prepare to impress your other half with this incredible beef & prosciutto dinner with carrots, potatoes and asparagus.
- 2 x 150 - 200 g beef eye fillet steaks
- 6 thin slices prosciutto
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Buttered herb vegetables
- 1 small bunch fresh baby carrots
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 250 g - 300g kipfler potatoes
- 20 g butter
- 1 tbsp snipped fresh chives
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Fennel creme fraiche
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 120 g creme fraiche
- 2 tsp horseradish cream
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper. Pat beef dry with a paper towel. Lay 2 slices of prosciutto lengthways, edges slightly overlapping. Separately, overlap 2 more slices. Season with ground black pepper. Spread mustard over beef fillets, place each piece on prosciutto. Enclose in prosciutto, then wrap a third piece of prosciutto around each to enclose beef completely. Set aside.
- Trim ends of carrots and scrub clean, and cut large carrots in half lengthways. Discard woody ends of asparagus. Scrub potatoes clean and halve lengthways. Place potatoes in a saucepan of salted water, and bring
to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook potatoes for 12–15 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
- While potatoes are cooking, heat a dry frypan over a medium heat and toast fennel seeds for 1–2 minutes until fragrant, set aside.
- Heat oil in the same frypan over a medium heat. Add beef, cook for 3–4 minutes, turn until golden. Transfer to baking tray. Cook in the oven for 8–10 minutes for medium-rare, or until cooked to your liking. Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil, and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Cook carrots in simmering salted water for 5 minutes, adding asparagus for the final 2 minutes. Drain well.
- While vegetables are cooking, coarsely crush fennel seeds and combine with remaining sauce ingredients. Combine well and place in a small serving dish and set aside.
- Melt butter over a low heat in the same saucepan the potatoes were cooked in. Return vegetables to the pan with chives and parsley. Remove from the heat, toss gently to combine. Season with sea salt.
- Serve beef accompanied by fennel crème fraîche and buttered vegetables.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||33.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||23.7 g|
|- Sugars||11.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.4 g|