- Serves 8
Crème brûlée is a French classic and rice pudding is a sweet staple around the world. Add a black tea infusion to the mix and you have melting-pot magic.
- cooking oil spray, to grease
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 4 cups milk
- ½ cup caster sugar
- extra 1 cup caster sugar
- 4 black tea bags (tags removed)
- Grease a round shallow 5-cup capacity flameproof dish with cooking oil. Put rice, milk, sugar and tea bags in a large saucepan over a high heat. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low.
- Cover with lid and cook, stirring every 5 minutes, for 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove tea bags. Remove pan from heat, spoon into prepared dish and smooth surface with back of a spoon. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until cold.
- To make caramel, put extra sugar and ¼ cup water in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Stir until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Cook, without stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden amber.
- Immediately pour caramel over chilled rice pudding. Set aside for 5 minutes to allow caramel to set. Serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||63.4 g|
|- Sugars||43.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.7 g|