Baked apples with a bit of a twist! This dish is perfect for a cold winter night.
- 4 200 g apples, cored
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- vanilla ice-cream, to serve
Ginger & Coconut topping
- ½ a 250 g packet ginger nut biscuits
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tbsp self-raising flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- To make topping, finely crush biscuits in a food processor. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients until combined.
- Cut apples in half horizontally. Place cut-side up in a large roasting pan lined with baking paper. Drizzle over combined syrup and cinnamon. Drop spoonfuls of topping on apple halves.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until apples are tender. Remove. Stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot apples with ice-cream.
A cross between Royal Gala and Braeburn, the Kanzi apple has a sweet, tangy flavour. A crisp, juicy crunch makes them ideal for snacks, salads or baking.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||11.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||78.3 g|
|- Sugars||59.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.8 g|