- Serves 6
These delicious drumsticks incorporate Chinese flavours in a marinade that is a definite crowd-pleaser.
- 12 chicken drumsticks (2kg)
- ¼ cup water
- 1 lime cut into wedges, to serve
- green spring onions, diagonally sliced, to serve
- red chilli, to serve
- ⅓ cup hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (or gluten-free soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- To make marinade, combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Cut two deep slits into each chicken drumstick. Add to marinade. Toss well to coat. Refrigerate, covered, for 1 hour.
- Transfer chicken and marinade to a large roasting pan lined with baking paper. Add water.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C), turning halfway through, for about 1 hour, or until chicken is cooked.
- Serve with lime wedges, onions and chilli.
Try replacing chicken drumsticks with wings. Cooking time will vary. Chicken can be marinated overnight, if time permits.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||14.4 g|
|- Sugars||10.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.3 g|