This cake is a real crowd pleaser, perfect for any special occasion. Guests will love the combination of peanuts and chocolate!
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- ⅔ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup smooth natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ⅓ cup milk chocolate chips
- chopped, salted roasted peanuts, to decorate
Choc fudge frosting
- 1 cup icing sugar mixture
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 50 g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp milk
- Grease a 20cm square cake pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above pan edges.
- Place brown sugar, buttermilk, peanut butter, oil, vanilla and egg in a large bowl. Whisk until combined. Whisk in combined sifted flour and soda. Stir in Choc Bits. Pour into prepared pan.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160°c) for about 40 minutes, or until
a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- To make choc fudge frosting, sift icing sugar and cocoa into a medium bowl. Stir in butter and milk until smooth.
- Spread frosting over top of cold cake. Sprinkle with peanuts. Cut into squares.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||32.1 g|
|- Sugars||25.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.0 g|