- Serves 12
Sugar, spice, and everything nice! This flavoursome shortbread is sure to impress.
- 225 g unsalted butter, chopped, room temperature
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- ½ cup rice flour
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- plus a little extra 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Grease a 24cm round, loose-base flan tin.
- Beat butter and sugar in a small bowl of an electric mixer until light and uffy. Add combined sifted flours, mixed spice and cardamom. Beat on low speed until well combined.
- Press mixture over base of prepared tin. Smooth over top. Prick with a fork in a circular pattern all over the top. Combine extra sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over shortbread.
- Cook in a slow oven (150°c) for about 45 to 50 minutes, or until firm to touch. Remove from oven. Cool in tin.
- Serve shortbread cut into wedges.
Any combination of spices can be used in this recipe. Shortbread can be made up to four days ahead. Store in an airtight container.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||31.5 g|
|- Sugars||13.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.8 g|