Microwave this easy, fuss-free minestrone when you're too hungry to cook!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, quartered
- 410 g canned chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 420 g baked beans in tomato sauce
- 3 cups chicken stock
- ¼ cup risoni
- 1 large zucchini, quartered lengthways, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated Parmesan cheese and crusty bread to serve
- Combine oil, onion and carrot in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover. Microwave on High for about 3 minutes, or until onion is soft.
- Add tomatoes, baked beans, stock and risoni to bowl. Stir well. Cover. Microwave on High, stirring halfway through, for about 10 minutes, or until risoni is tender.
- Stir in zucchini. Season with salt and pepper. Cover. Microwave on High for about 5 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
- Sprinkle parmesan over soup. Serve with crusty bread.
Soup can be made up to two days ahead. Keep, covered, in the fridge. Stir in a little water when reheating as it will thicken on standing
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||42.6 g|
|- Sugars||12.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||8.7 g|