- 1 onion, chopped
- 200 g punnet grape tomatoes
- ⅓ cup tikka masala curry sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 750 g chicken breast fillets, trimmed, cut into 3 cm pieces
- 400 ml can coconut milk
- 1 chicken stock cube (5g) crumbled
- 450 g packet family-size microwave basmati rice
- 100 g packet pappadums
- fresh baby spinach leaves to serve
- Greek yoghurt to serve
- Combine onion, tomatoes and both pastes in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover. Microwave on High for 3 minutes, or until onion is soft. Crush tomatoes with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Add chicken,
milk and stock
cube to bowl.
Microwave on High for about 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked. Stir. Stand, covered, for 2 minutes.
- Heat rice according to packet directions. Microwave pappadams according to packet directions.
- Serve curry over rice. Top with spinach and yoghurt. Serve with pappadams.
You can use any flavoured Indian curry paste you prefer. Check for heat ratings. If short of time, buy diced chicken.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||20.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||99.7 g|
|- Sugars||4.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.0 g|